|Duck Hunt Dog|
|Final Smash||Retro Revenge|
This nameless dog is featured in the classic Nintendo Entertainment System game Duck Hunt, congratulating the player on successfully shooting a duck and also mockingly laughing at him or her upon missing a shot. This mocking has earned the Duck Hunt Dog its status as a gaming icon, as well as the players' inability to shoot the dog out of frustration. The dog is considered by many to be one of the most annoying video game characters in history.
Duck Hunt Dog's Normal Moves
- Paw Swipe: He swipes his paw forward from top to bottom twice, then he leans forward and lets out a vicious bite which stuns the enemy in place.
- Dirty Trick: He places his foot to the ground and kicks dirt up in the air behind him.
- Duck Toss: He tosses a blue duck in the air, which spins around dealing multiple hits
- Paw Sweep: He crouches down, leans forward and sweeps his paw down to the ground.
- Cartwheel: He does a rapid spinning cartwheel in the air that hits in all directions.
- Red Duck Smack: He swings a red duck downward, which meteor smashes.
- Mule Kick: He thrusts his back legs behind him in a dropkick-style attack.
- Spinning Paw Swipe: He rotates his whole body while swinging his paw over his head.
- Doggy Paddle: He does a very rapid paddle on all 4 legs. This move is an air combo almost exactly like Yoshi's down air. The difference with this one from Yoshi's is that this one has more vertical reach.
- Duck Smack: He pulls out a duck and swings it forward which smacks the opponent.
- Backflip: He performs a backflip with much effort and speed then lands on his stomach.
- Tail Chase: He rapidly chases his tail and spins twice. This is a combo smash with a final knockback. This works similar to Pikachu's Down Smash, but without the electricity.
- Mule Kick: After grabbing the opponent, he kicks them with both hind legs.
- Back Somersault Kick: After grabbing the opponent, he leaps on their torso and grips them with his limbs. From here, he pulls his body weight back to do a reverse somersault while still holding on to the opponent. Once he does the full somersault, he kicks them away with his hind legs.
- Grounded Spinning Paw Swipe: The same move as his Up Air, but performed on ground.
- Jaw Lock: After grabbing the opponent, he lays them down and locks his teeth onto them. He shakes his head left to right to fortify the attack.
- Roll Over: While dashing forward, he does a very short leap and then rolls over twice.
- Back Kick: Once grabbing on the edge, he pulls himself up and does a back kick with his hind legs.
Duck Hunt Dog's Special Moves
|Neutral Special||NES Zapper||Pulls out the classic NES Zapper and shoots a bullet. A small flashing screen appears where the bullet has been shot.|
|Side Special||Clay Shooting||Throws a Clay Disc from the mini-game Clay Shooting. It slides off his hand and doesn't stop until it makes contact with something.|
|Up Special||Flying Ducks||Pulls out 2 black ducks and hitches a ride into the air. The move ends when he lets go and the ducks fly away. The move only does damage if an opponent makes contact with the ducks during flight or fall.|
|Down Special||Pounce||Crouches down in a prepared attack position and growls. This position can be held so that you can time your jump. The amount of time you hold this attack does not change the distance or power of the attack. Can be performed in mid-air.|
|Final Smash||Retro Revenge||He points forward and barks, which summons a colorful group of ducks that move a certain distance forward and attack opponents. After the ducks begin their attack, he follows off with rapid clay disk throws. The Final Smash is ended with blowing the opponent away with not just one, but 2 NES Zappers. This Final Smash is notorious for being one of the worst in the game due to hardly ever succeeding, and when it does, it is easy to shield.|
- Duck Hunt (1985)